UGC NET JRF Studying is essential for success in college or university. If you want to get good grades, then you need to plan ahead and prepare well. UGC NET English - Taught by Prof Anurag Agarwal - NET, Ph.D. MBA Qualified | 20+ Years Experienced to help Crack your Exam.
UGC NET JRF 2023 - English Literature Syllabus (Hindi & English Medium)
- Unit – I Drama
- Unit – II Poetry
- Unit – III Fiction, short story
- Unit – IV Non-Fictional Prose
- Unit – V Language: Basic concepts, theories, and pedagogy. English in Use.
- Unit – VI English in India: history, evolution, and futures
- Unit – VII Cultural Studies
- Unit – VIII Literary Criticism
- Unit – IX Literary Theory post World War II
- Unit – X Research Methods and Materials in English
NOTE: The first four units must also be tested through comprehension passages to assess critical reading, critical thinking, and writing skills. These four units will cover all literature in English.
Best UGC NET English Books
(Unit 1 to Unit 10 + Paper - 1 Books)
Fill Form and Download Sample
UGC NET English Online Video Classes
UGC NET English Literature (Hindi Medium) New Batch Start
UGC NET English Literature (English Medium) New Batch Start
UGC NET English Books
- Unit- I to Unit- X Complete Study Material Books (Hard Copy) Send via Post within 4 to 5 Days
- Paper - 1 Book Free
- Study Material is Enriched with Prof Anurag Agrawal's vast experience of 20+ yrs of teaching
Online Video Classes
- Unit 1 to Unit 10 - Complete Online Video Classes According to Syllabus
- Paper 1 Video Classes FREE
- Notes/PDFs Available on OSN Academy App
- Course Validity - 6 + 6 Months Free = 1 Year
- Taught by Prof Anurag Agarwal - NET, Ph.D. MBA Qualified | 20+ Years Experience
- Offline Videos Download Option
- Compatible for MOBILE (iOS & Android), TABLET, DESKTOP & LAPTOP
- One-to-one interaction and doubt clearance
- Career Guidance
- OSN App is now having a smooth and great learning experience
- Classes are very easy to understand and rich in content.
UGC NET English Literature Eligibility Criteria 2023
Before beginning to fill out the UGC NET English Literature form, applicants should test the eligibility standards which include the educational qualification, age limit, relaxation, and Category exemption. However, candidates must note the points regarding the proof of eligibility:
• No certificates are supposed to be sent to the National Testing Agency for proof of eligibility.
• To verify the subject details and its requirements is a responsibility of a student and not NTA, NTA does not verify the details provided by the candidates in the application.
• However, if NTA or UGC detects any ineligibility at any stage, the candidature may be canceled and legal action can be taken against the applicants.
UGC NET English Literature Eligibility: Educational Qualification 2023
Candidates securing at least 55% marks of their Master’s Degree or equal Degree/ Diploma from UGC-certified universities in English Literature or in Relevant Subjects Like Ex –MA in English Linguistics, MA in Communicative English, and so on
• Other Backward Class (OBC-NC), Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Disabled (PwD), and Non-Creamy Candidates in the Transgender category have to score a least 50% marks.
• Those who are in the final semester of their master’s degree, those who are waiting for results, and whose qualifying examinations have been delayed are eligible to apply for the exam. However, such a candidate is provisionally admitted and will only be considered for a JRF award or appointment as Assistant Professor if he/she completes her master’s degree with a grade of at least 55% (50% in the reserved category).
In addition, he/she must complete his/her master’s degree with the required grade rate within two years from the date of UGC NET results. Otherwise, it will be treated as a disqualification.
• Candidates with a Ph.D. master’s degree completed before September 19, 1991 (regardless of the date of publication of the results) will have a relaxation of 5% (i.e. 55% to 50%) on his UGC NET 2023 appearance.
• Transgender candidates will be given the same structure of relaxation in exam fees, age and eligibility criteria for UGC NET (JRF and Assistant Professor) as for SC/ST/PwD categories. However, the required subject-wise cut-offs for the Transgender category will be the lowest among all the reserved categories including SC/ ST/ PwD/ OBC–NCL in the respective subject.
• Candidates are encouraged to choose the same NET subject as in their post-graduation specialization. In case your subject is not mentioned in the list of 81 NET subjects offered, you may choose to appear in a related subject.
• Candidates possessing Post Graduation Diploma/ Certificate awarded by an Indian University/ Institute or a Foreign Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate awarded by a Foreign University/ Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their Diploma/ Degree/ Certificate with a Master’s Degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
UGC NET English Literature Age Restriction and Relaxation 2023
Age limits and relaxations for Junior Research Fellowships and Assistant Professors for UGC NET 2023 are as follows:
1. Junior Research Fellow (JRF):
Candidates must not be over the age of 31 as of October 1, 2023.
• OBC-NC, SC, ST, PwD, transgender, and female applicants may be granted a grace period of up to five years.
• Candidates with research experience will also be awarded age credits equal to the number of years/durations spent in acquiring relevant professional or graduate degrees in studies.
• Relief for researchers can go up to 5 years and is only granted upon presentation of a certificate from the competent authority.
• In no event will the total age credit for the above reasons exceed 5 years.
There is no upper age limit for applying for an assistant professorship. Although, you must pass post-graduation with the required percentage.
English Literature Exemption for UGC NET Assistant Professor -
UGC NET/SET has the minimum admission requirement for the recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Indian Universities. However, certain exceptions to NET/SET/SLET are subject to UGC regulations and amendments published in the Indian Gazette from time to time.
• Candidates who passed the UGC/CSIR/JRF exam prior to 1989 are exempted from participation in the NET.
• Candidates who have passed the State Eligibility Test (SET) held before 1st June 2002 are exempted from joining the NET and can become an Assistant Professor anywhere in India.
•However, candidates who qualified in their SET after June 1, 2003 can only apply for assistant professorships at universities in their respective states.
UGC NET English Literature Test Pattern 2023 -
Total number of questions on UGC NET
• UGC NET 2022 contains a total of 150 multiple-choice questions.
• Paper 1 has 50 questions and Paper 2 has 100 questions.
• There are no restrictions on going back and forth between papers. • All questions must be answered.
• Earn 2 points for each correct answer
UGC NET Marking Scheme 2023
- A uniform marking scheme is followed in the exam i.e. for both Paper 1 and 2, each correct answer will give you 2 marks.
- As per the revised exam pattern of the UGC NET exam, there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Hence, instead of skipping a question, one can use a calculated guess and mark the answer.
The updated marking scheme of UGC NET 2023 is given below:
Go through the exam pattern of the UGC NET English Paper 1 as per the syllabus mentioned below:
How to Crack UGC NET English Exam 2023 ?
Here are the 10 preparation tips for effective study of the UGC NET English Exam 2023:
- Stay updated with UGC NET Notifications as it is mandatory to have complete knowledge of the exam.
- Create a Time Table that contains at least 5 hours of studying per day. Take help of UGC NET exam pattern and syllabus.
- Divide the syllabus on weekly basis to manage your studies & weekly revision.
- Make lists of topics you are comfortable with and the topics you think will need more attention.
- Divide the time accordingly.
- All Drama, Poetry and fiction story are very important, make sure to learn them by heart and with deep understanding.
- Mark at least one day a week for practicing NTA NET Mock Test Papers, and UGC NET Previous Year Papers. Practice online test series & attempt question answer with solution.
- Listen to video lectures on relevant and related topics.
- Summarize and make short notes while you are studying, this will help you at the time of your revision.
- It is very crucial to periodically assign weeks for your revision. Take the help of subject experts and mentors to clear the doubts and concepts regarding any topic.
5 Months Study Plan to Crack UGC NET English Exam 2023
Candidates can use the 5 monthly study plans designed by the experienced experts at the OSN Academy while they are preparing for UGC NET English Exam 2023. It can be helpful while understanding how to prepare for UGC NET English Exam 2023:
Size of Photograph -- 10 kb to 200 kb
Size of Signature -- 4 kb to 30 kb
Candidate must have
General/EWS - 55%, ST/ SC/ OBC/ PWD/ Transgender/ Ph.D Holders - 50% in Master’s Degree or Equivalent Degree
JRF - 31 years, Assistant Professor - No Upper Age Limit
NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum UGC NET eligibility criteria for the recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
- UGC regulations and amendments, as notified under the Gazette of India will determine the exemption from NET/SET/SLET.
Note: Candidates who cleared the UGC/CSIR JRF examination before 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
For SET Candidates:
- Candidates who have qualified States Eligibility Test (SET) which is accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor that was held before 1st June 2002, are also exempted from appearing in NET, and they are also eligible to apply for Assistant Professor. (anywhere in India).
- For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges from where they have cleared their state exams.
NO, Candidates need to have a master's degree to fill out the online application for NTA UGC NET
No restriction - Candidates can appear as many times as they wish till they are overage for JRF and for an assistant professor you can appear as many times as your wish
Download App - https://linktr.ee/osnacademy_app
Google Review 4.7